Oahu’s Great Surfing Beaches
- North Shore: Surfing Mecca. Sunset Beach. Known for its spectacular, and dangerous, winter surf.
- South Shore: Sweet Summer Swells. Waikiki Beach Diamond Head Beach.
- West Side: Clean and Quiet. Makaha Beach Park.
- Southeast Shore: Fast and Furious. Makapu’u Beach.
Where are the best Oahu surf spots?
- If it’s wintertime and the island gods have aligned the swells, (and you’re are one brave soul), you might want to head out to Oahu’s North Shore. Aside from the well known big wave Oahu surf spots like Waiamea Bay, Sunset Beach, and the Banzai Pipeline, there are many other great surf spots waiting to be discovered.
- 1 Where is the best place to watch surfers on Oahu?
- 2 Where do surfers surf in North Shore Oahu?
- 3 Where is the best surfing in Honolulu?
- 4 Where do pro surfers surf in Hawaii?
- 5 Is Honolulu good for surfing?
- 6 Which of the following is a popular surf spot on the North Shore of Oahu?
- 7 Where is the Jaws surf break?
- 8 Where are the big surfing waves in Hawaii?
- 9 Is Ala Moana Beach good for surfing?
- 10 Where can I surf in the summer in Oahu?
- 11 Is Waikiki good for surfing?
- 12 Is surfing better in Maui or Oahu?
- 13 Which island has the best surfing in Hawaii?
- 14 What is the best surfing beach in Hawaii?
Where is the best place to watch surfers on Oahu?
Waimea Bay, Ehukai Beach (Banzai Pipeline) and Sunset Beach are great places to sunbathe and stroll along the shore—just leave surfing the huge waves to the pros because they can be very dangerous for inexperienced surfers. The months between November and February are the best times to see big wave surfing.
Where do surfers surf in North Shore Oahu?
Best North Shore O’ahu Surf Spots
- Laniakea. Best on north swells, Laniakea is a right point break that breaks over flat reef and sand.
- Chun’s Reef.
- Waimea Bay.
- Banzai Pipeline.
- Sunset Beach.
- Related Travel Guide.
Where is the best surfing in Honolulu?
The Best Surf Spots in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Ala Moana Beach Park. Located between Waikiki and downtown Honolulu, Ala Moana Beach Park is golden sand beach and calm place for kids to swim.
- Waikiki Beach.
- Waimea Bay Beach Park.
- Sunset Beach.
- Ehukai Beach Park.
Where do pro surfers surf in Hawaii?
Although Waikiki and the North Shore of Oahu are legendary surf spots, Maui has its own share of famous beach to experience the “sport of kings.” To watch pro surfers in action, head to Honolua Bay and Hookipa Beach near Lower Paia during winter big wave season.
Is Honolulu good for surfing?
Honolulu is the capital of the state of Hawaii and is located on the southern shore of the island of Oahu. It is known for its iconic crescent beaches, laid-back lifestyle and epic waves, which attract the world’s top surfers as well as keen amateurs.
Which of the following is a popular surf spot on the North Shore of Oahu?
Notable surfing spots include Waimea Bay and Sunset Beach. Banzai Pipeline, located at Ehukai Beach, is the most famous surfing spot on the North Shore and is consistently ranked one of the top surf spots in the world.
Where is the Jaws surf break?
Peʻahi (/peɪˈɑːhiː/ pay-AH-hee; Hawaiian: [peˈʔɐhi]) is a place on the north shore of the island of Maui in the U.S. state of Hawaii. It has lent its name to a big wave surfing break, also known as Jaws.
Where are the big surfing waves in Hawaii?
Large swells generally hit the North, West and North-West facing shores. Pipeline, Waimea Bay & Sharks Cove, all found on the North Shore, are home to some of the largest waves you can see on the island of Oahu or even in the entire state of Hawaii.
Is Ala Moana Beach good for surfing?
Ala Moana Surfing Ala Moana is notorious for it south town-side surf spots. You have to work a little to reach the waves, which includes a 200 yard paddle to the reef, where you will need to walk another 200 yards across the raised reef, and finally a 400 yard paddle through the surf impact zone to reach the lineup.
Where can I surf in the summer in Oahu?
During the summer, the waves are big enough for beginners, but most people head to the south or east shore if they want to surf. Historic Haleiwa town is also a fun place to visit for those who like to poke in-and-out of local stores. North Shore
- Sunset Beach.
- Waimea Bay.
- Ehukai Beach (Bonzai Pipeline)
Is Waikiki good for surfing?
Surfing is one of the most popular ocean sports in the world. And it started right here, in Waikiki. The surf breaks made famous by Duke are the same spots that locals and tourists alike still love surfing today.
Is surfing better in Maui or Oahu?
Every island is going to have fantastic beaches. Coincidentally, Oahu is also home to one of the best beginner surfing beaches in Hawaii as well: Waikiki Beach. While Maui does have its fair share of surf breaks, including Peahi, the biggest surf break on the island, they don’t really compare to the waves on Oahu.
Which island has the best surfing in Hawaii?
Oahu is the proverbial heartbeat of surfing in Hawaii. The island’s North Shore is the place to catch the perfect wave, regardless of your skill level. Before you head out, we should note that the winter waves can be massive and are best left to the professional crowd.
What is the best surfing beach in Hawaii?
Top 5 favorite Hawaii surfing beaches
- Maui. On mile #9 of Maui’s famed south shore Hana Highway, lies arguably the island’s best beach for wave riding.
- Oahu. Like many great surfing spots in the Islands, the waves off this white sand beach park on Oahu’s leeward coast change seasonally.