Why is Nayarit the best place to surf?
- The state of Nayarit has nearly 200 miles of pristine coastline with sandy beaches and good waves ideal for surfing. Not to mention, the jungle and mountain backdrops make for a nice view while you surf! As for La Lancha, it’s where both surfing pros and beginners go to ride the waves for hours on end under the Nayarit sun.
- 1 Does Mexico have good surf?
- 2 Is Puerto Vallarta good for surfing?
- 3 What time of the year is best for surfing in Mexico?
- 4 When can you surf in Puerto Vallarta?
- 5 Where can I go surfing?
- 6 Is it safe to surf in Baja Mexico?
- 7 Where is the best surfing in Puerto Vallarta?
- 8 Where can I snorkel in Puerto Vallarta?
- 9 Can you surf Nuevo Vallarta?
- 10 Is there surfing in Cancun?
- 11 Where can I surf in Southern Baja?
- 12 Where are the biggest waves in Mexico?
- 13 How safe is Puerto Vallarta?
- 14 Is there surf in bucerias?
- 15 How long is the bus ride from Puerto Vallarta to Sayulita?
Does Mexico have good surf?
From the Baja Peninsula down to the border of Guatemala, Mexico has dozens of wonderful surf spots for everyone, from beginners to the most seasoned professionals. Surfers have been flocking to the shores of Baja since the 1940s, when they’d trickle across the border from California.
Is Puerto Vallarta good for surfing?
Puerto Vallarta is home to some of the best surfing spots in all of Mexico. Banderas Bay and the Pacific Ocean provide awesome surf all year round for all skill levels from beginner to expert.
What time of the year is best for surfing in Mexico?
Mexico receives consistent swell all year round, with powerful waves being generated by the Southern Ocean. The peak surfing season lasts between May and October, during hurricane season, when the waves are big and consistent. However, you’re bound to find good conditions in most regions throughout the year.
When can you surf in Puerto Vallarta?
Winter, between November and March, is the best surfing season for the Puerto Vallarta area, Banderas Bay, and the Riviera Nayarit. This is when the North Pacific swells hit the bay. Because most of the bay is facing west, waves will lose some size compared to other locations that are directly exposed to the north.
Where can I go surfing?
World’s Best Surf Destinations
- Playa Grande, Costa Rica. The beach town of Playa Grande is known as one of Costa Rica’s best surfing spots.
- Bundoran, Ireland.
- Jeffreys Bay, South Africa.
- Huntington Beach, CA.
- Bondi Beach, Sydney.
- San Clemente, CA.
- Taghazout, Morocco.
- Teahupo’o, Tahiti.
Is it safe to surf in Baja Mexico?
Most of the territories in Baja are safe, however, there are parts where this issue is very alive. The dangerous spots in Baja are mostly around big towns and cities, and occasionally in remote areas where drugs are being air-dropped by plane. We entered Baja California at the beginning of July.
Where is the best surfing in Puerto Vallarta?
The top Puerto Vallarta surfing spots
- San Pancho. Oh, San Pancho – you’re just great!
- Sayulita. Sayulita surfing is some of the most famous surfing in all of Mexico.
- Litibu. A not-so-popular beach break that can get messy, Litibu is the main playa of Higuera Blanca.
- El Anclote & Stinky’s.
- La Lancha.
Where can I snorkel in Puerto Vallarta?
Best snorkeling in Puerto Vallarta
- Los Arcos National Marine Park. Jutting out of the sea near Mismaloya, on the south side of the bay, is Los Arcos National Marine Park.
- Marietas Islands.
- Playa Colomitos.
- Playa Conchas Chinas.
Can you surf Nuevo Vallarta?
Nuevo Vallarta Surf Spots The nearest surfing areas to Nuevo Vallarta are Burros, Destilladeros, Pools and Veneros, according to GuideMexico. Visitors will find several more challenging surfing breaks around the northwestern tip of the bay in the area known as Punta Mita.
Is there surfing in Cancun?
Cancun is the best place in the world to learn how to surf and here’s why; 1) Year round warm crystal clear Caribbean water. No wetsuit needed. 2) The break in Cancun is an easy going beach break with an all sand bottom.
Where can I surf in Southern Baja?
Below are some of the better surf breaks in Southern Baja with a little information on each:
- Isla Natividad.
- Bahia Asuncion.
- La Bocana.
- Punta Abreojos.
- Scorpion Bay.
- Mag Bay.
- Punta Conejo.
- La Pastora.
Where are the biggest waves in Mexico?
Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca Some of the biggest waves in Mexico are caught at Puerto Escondido. Playa Zicatela hosts the most famous waves in the area, with lefts and rights up to 20 ft.
How safe is Puerto Vallarta?
The crime rates in Puerto Vallarta are very low, significantly lower than the crime rates of major cities in the United States like Miami, Las Vegas, and New Orleans. Violent crime is something that any visitor using common sense shouldn’t encounter.
Is there surf in bucerias?
Surfing near Bucerias is great, with Punta de Mita only 10 minutes away and Sayulita about 25 minutes away you catch some of the best Mexico has to offer for waves! Surfing looks way easier than it is, so give the local surfers some credit for trying! THE SUMMER: (May-October) surf season brings more winds/storms.
How long is the bus ride from Puerto Vallarta to Sayulita?
The bus ride from Puerto Vallarta to Sayulita costs around $46 pesos, buses normally arrive every 20 minutes and the 24 mile journey takes approximately 1 – 1.5 hours due to frequent stops.