How to browse the web anonymously?
- Hide your IP address with a web proxy. Not all proxies are created equally, but there are several free anonymous proxy servers that are great for
- Connect to a VPN. A VPN is similar to a web proxy but useful in situations where you want everything encrypted and routed through other servers
- Use a privacy-minded web browser. One example of an anonymous browser that hides your web surfing habits is Tor Browser, which encrypts the
- Search the web with a secure search engine like DuckDuckGo, which promises to block advertising trackers and keep your search history private
- 1 When your surfing the web anonymously quizlet?
- 2 Which of the following is a characteristic of a computer virus?
- 3 Is a virus that is attached to documents?
- 4 Is the use of physical characteristics such as a fingerprint to gain authentication into a system quizlet?
- 5 What type of virus was the famous Michelangelo virus?
- 6 Which of the following are examples of multifactor authentication?
- 7 What is a stand alone malware?
- 8 What are the most common ways to be infected by a computer virus?
- 9 Which file is mostly infected by virus?
- 10 How can I clean my phone from viruses?
- 11 Can you get a virus on your phone by visiting a website?
- 12 Will opening an email cause a virus?
- 13 Which of the following technologies allows an individual to be identified by physical characteristic?
- 14 What involve using a physical attribute such as a fingerprint for authentication?
- 15 Is a program that gathers information about your surfing habits?
When your surfing the web anonymously quizlet?
When you are surfing the web anonymously, -you are using a browser that has privacy tools. -temporary files created are immediately deleted. -the sites you visit are not stored in the browser history.
Which of the following is a characteristic of a computer virus?
One fundamental characteristic of a computer virus is that it is executable. Either the virus executes itself or attaches its code to another file to get executed. Without execution capability it can do no harm and will gain no importance. Another fundamental characteristic of a computer virus is that it replicates.
Is a virus that is attached to documents?
A macro virus is a malicious macro that is attached to a data file. In most respects, macro viruses are like all other viruses. The main difference is that they are attached to document files rather than executable programs.
Is the use of physical characteristics such as a fingerprint to gain authentication into a system quizlet?
Biometrics is a technology that uses personal characteristics, such as a retinal pattern or fingerprint, to establish identity. Which technology uses a physical characteristic to establish identity?
What type of virus was the famous Michelangelo virus?
Michelangelo is classified as a boot sector virus, a type of virus that infects the startup sectors of storage devices—usually the boot sector of a floppy disk or the master boot record (MBR) of a hard disk. Boot sector viruses are primarily spread through physical media such as floppy disks or USB drives.
Which of the following are examples of multifactor authentication?
Examples of multi-factor authentication in action
- Something you know, such as a password, passphrase or personal identification number (PIN)
- Something you have, such as a token or smartcard.
- Something you are, such as a biometric like a fingerprint.
What is a stand alone malware?
A computer worm is a standalone malware computer program that replicates itself in order to spread to other computers. It often uses a computer network to spread itself, relying on security failures on the target computer to access it. It will use this machine as a host to scan and infect other computers.
What are the most common ways to be infected by a computer virus?
Even if you’re careful, you can pick up computer viruses through normal Web activities like:
- Sharing music, files, or photos with other users.
- Visiting an infected website.
- Opening spam email or an email attachment.
- Downloading free games, toolbars, media players and other system utilities.
Which file is mostly infected by virus?
File Virus File viruses are commonly found in executable files such as.exe,. vbs or a.com files. If you run an executable file that is infected with a file virus, it can potentially enter your computer’s memory and subsequently run your computer.
How can I clean my phone from viruses?
How to remove viruses and other malware from your Android device
- Power off the phone and reboot in safe mode. Press the power button to access the Power Off options.
- Uninstall the suspicious app.
- Look for other apps you think may be infected.
- Install a robust mobile security app on your phone.
Can you get a virus on your phone by visiting a website?
Clicking dubious links on web pages or even on malicious advertisements (sometimes known as “malvertisements”) can download malware to your cell phone. Similarly, downloading software from these websites can also lead to malware being installed on your Android phone or iPhone.
Will opening an email cause a virus?
Can I get a virus by reading my email messages? Most viruses, Trojan horses, and worms are activated when you open an attachment or click a link contained in an email message. If your email client allows scripting, then it is possible to get a virus by simply opening a message.
Which of the following technologies allows an individual to be identified by physical characteristic?
Which of the following technologies allows an individual to be identified by physical characteristics? A) Biometrics – Biometrics is a technology that uses personal characteristics such as fingerprints to determine identity.
What involve using a physical attribute such as a fingerprint for authentication?
Biometric authentication involves using some part of your physical makeup to authenticate you. This could be a fingerprint, an iris scan, a retina scan, or some other physical characteristic. A single characteristic or multiple characteristics could be used.
Is a program that gathers information about your surfing habits?
Spyware can collect almost any type of data, including personal information like internet surfing habits, user logins, and bank or credit account information.