Hide Your Car Keys You can bury them in the sand or camouflage them under a plastic bag, towel, or rock. Ideally, you should be able to spot your car keys from the surf to make sure no one steals them.
How to lock your keys in a surf car?
- All you need to do is put your keys in, put a code and lock it to your car. The key lock from Surf Logic isn´t the only option for surfers. Other brands from the market like Ocean Earth or Shapers also have their own key locks.
- 1 How do you keep your car keys safe when surfing?
- 2 Where do you put your key fob when surfing?
- 3 How do surfers carry car keys?
- 4 What do you do with car keys at the beach?
- 5 Where do you put your phone while surfing?
- 6 What do you do with your car keys when you snorkel?
- 7 What do you do with the keys at the beach?
- 8 What is a surf lock?
- 9 How can I hide my car key fob?
- 10 What do you do with your car keys when you swim?
- 11 How do you hide a key?
- 12 Where should I put my car keys?
- 13 How do you keep car keys dry when swimming?
How do you keep your car keys safe when surfing?
The best thing you can do to avoid this horrible situation is keeping your car key with you at all times. I suggest tying it to a shoelace around your neck and tucking it in your wetsuit. You can also fasten the key to the the string in the pockets of your wetsuit or board shorts.
Where do you put your key fob when surfing?
Place the fob in the bag, hide the bag, and you should be good to go. Silent Pocket makes a great faraday bag with a magnetic backing to attach it to hidden metal surfaces in/on your car, available here on Amazon. Scary, right?
How do surfers carry car keys?
Hiding Your Key On Your Vehicle This is by far the most common thing that we as surfers do. We tuck it up under the wheel, bumper, or tailgate. And usually we do it in plain view of thieves who are just waiting for us to give them an easy shot at all the things in our cars.
What do you do with car keys at the beach?
Buy a magnetic key holder and put it on your car. The best places for this are usually in the wheel well or up under the lip of a chassis. You should clean that spot when you first put it on. Buy a house near the beach, or rent one – then you won’t need to take your car to the beach at all!
Where do you put your phone while surfing?
I would say that you should just leave your phone and wallet in the car You can put your key on a string around your neck and put it in your wetsuite.
What do you do with your car keys when you snorkel?
i put our cc and keys in a little ziploc baggie and bury it in the sand under our beach mat.
What do you do with the keys at the beach?
If you are worried about what to do with your car keys and other valuables at the beach, we’ve compiled a list of useful tips:
- Re-use empty containers.
- Invest in shorts with zipped pockets.
- Buy a wearable waterproof container.
- Use a tennis ball.
- Use a nappy.
What is a surf lock?
Surf Lock® – Designed for surfers by surfers. Surf Lock can be easily attached to different locations on your car, providing a safe and secure place to store your keys immobiliser while surfing. When not in use, the lock is small enough to be kept in the glove box of your car.
How can I hide my car key fob?
The 7 Best Places To Hide A Key on Your Car Are…
- On the inside of the bumper (assuming you are using the magnetic hide a key)
- Behind the front license plate.
- Tire Well.
- Gas Cap.
- With someone else.
- Hitch receiver box.
- Your purse or wallet.
What do you do with your car keys when you swim?
Do what every local boy does, tie the car keys into the waist knot in your swim trunks. If your rental has an electronic entry thingy, it is best to remove it from the keys and leave it stashed in the locked car.
How do you hide a key?
Best place to hide a key
- In a hollow, fake rock that blends in with its surroundings.
- In a small lock box under the porch.
- In a key hider/magnetic key holder.
- In the barbeque grill in the backyard.
- Under the foot of a chair on the patio.
- Under a loose brick in the walkway.
Where should I put my car keys?
Even if your car doesn’t have keyless entry, you should keep your keys away from the letterbox. Devices, such as long wire hooks, can be put through the letterbox and used to grab your car keys. If you have a porch, don’t hang your keys in there.
How do you keep car keys dry when swimming?
The Swim Secure waterproof phone pouch is perfect for keeping your smart phone or electronic car keys safe and dry whilst swimming. A waterproof double lock seal keeps your belongings safe at the beach, pool, river or lake. The clear panels allows you to use your smart phone in the pouch while keeping it dry.