How to use a GoPro as a surfboard camera?
- Start with a GoPro surfboard mount. When getting started GoPro surfing use a mount that helps you concentrate on your surfing. A mount you can attach to the nose of your board is probably your best bet. This way you can set it and forget it. You can also change the angle of the camera between rides.
Which GoPro is best for surfing?
If you’re looking for the best action camera to capture your surfing, GoPro is the way to go. The Hero 8 is the ultimate choice for good surfing videos. With built-in mounting tabs, waterproof as-is, video stabilization and leveling, and all sorts of floating mounts and accessories you can’t go wrong.
How do you get footage of yourself surfing?
3 Different Ways to Film Yourself Surfing
- Controlling the Camera Yourself While Surfing.
- Having a Friend in the Water Film You.
- Filming Yourself Surfing With a Camera on the Beach.
- Filming From the Beach.
- Filming Yourself.
- Being Filmed From Within the Water.
Can you put a GoPro mount on a foam board?
This mount attaches to any body boards, soft-top or foam surfboards or stand up paddle boards (SUPs) with a thickness of 1.5 inches to 3.5 inches (3.8 cm to 8.8 cm).
Which GoPro camera is waterproof?
The HD HERO Original, HD HERO2, and HERO3 cameras come in a protective waterproof case that is capable of withstanding depths of up to 197 feet (60 meters).
Where do I put my GoPro on my bodyboard?
The best place to mount the GoPro camera in a bodyboard is the nose. But first, test the best position for your mount. Ideally, you should install it on the top center of the board so that the camera captures your left and right-hand wave uniformly.