Taking Off a Wetsuit Peel the arms of your wetsuit off to your elbows one at a time. Then pull each arm down to the wrist and fully out of the sleeve making sure to leave it inside out. Continue to peel and roll the suit down your torso. Now pull your wetsuit down to your hips and legs in one fluid motion.
How thick of a wetsuit do you need?
- The thickness of the wetsuit is the biggest factor in determining how well it will protect your body from becoming cold. When buying a wetsuit, you should look for one that is ¼ to 1/8 inch (6 to 3 mm) thick. There is no rule stating how thick a wetsuit should be for a specific water temperature.
Are wetsuits hard to take off?
Wetsuits are fragile. Learn how to take off a chest zip wetsuit without help and without looking like a kook. Putting a chest zip on is almost as difficult as getting it off, especially when it is slightly wet. Sometimes we’re just too tired and cold, and we need to speed up the process.
Can you cut down a wetsuit?
I have cut my wetsuits down for years and never had any issues. Just use a sharp pair if scissors and cut straight. It’s neoprene so you won’t have fibers fraying like you would a pair of cut off shorts.
How do you remove a chest zip from a wetsuit?
Putting On and Taking Off a Chest Zip Wetsuit is easy if You follow these steps:
- Reach inside the wetsuit with both arms.
- Grab around the hips.
- Get your first leg in.
- Slip it through the wetsuit.
- Repeat the process with the other foot.
- Get the right arm in and bring the excess to the top.
- Slip in the left arm.
What do you wear under a wetsuit?
Diving or fitted bicycle shorts are an excellent protection for your body in the wetsuit. Since they are pressed tightly against your skin, you won’t feel them once you put on your wetsuit, and they won’t limit your movement.
How do you wash a wetsuit?
The steps for cleaning your wetsuit are simple:
- Get a wetsuit cleaner and a tub of cool water; then stir in the cleaner.
- Open all the wetsuit zippers, turn it inside out and submerge it.
- Knead the cleaner into the suit and let it sit for a while.
- Thoroughly rinse it with cool water and hang it up to dry.
How do you get tar off a wetsuit?
Mineral oil is the best for getting tar out. Oil takes tar right off your feet etc, baby oil, mineral oil, cooking oil, etc. Then you will need dawn or something to get the oil off the wetsuit. BTW those little tar remover packets are just mineral oil.
How tight should a wetsuit be?
A well fitting wetsuit should feel tight … This means you shouldn’t see any creases or air pockets, or too much bunching in the arms or legs but you should still be able to move freely. Move around, stretch, swing your arms and get a feel for it.
Why does my wetsuit fill up with water?
Sounds like the wetsuit may be too big. A swimmers wetsuit should fit like second skin with no bagginess anywhere in the suit. If water is getting in and filling the legs then there is too much water coming into the suit and the suit is not tight enough that water can gather in the legs.