1) Start Small
- Go local and speak to surf shops about repping their brand.
- Tell companies why they should invest money into you, what can you do for them?
- Ask for small things first (stickers, t-shirts, Hat) then promote and build up from there.
- Lower your expectations and be realistic.
What are the best ways to get sponsors for surfing?
- Competition is also great for surfers who are not yet sponsored, to gain some exposure and showcase their skills, competitions can attract talent scouts and surf businesses who might be interested in offering you some kind of sponsorship. Compete in surf competitions – Start local and small.
- 1 How much do sponsors pay surfers?
- 2 How can I get sponsorship easily?
- 3 How do you get sponsored by Billabong?
- 4 Do pro surfers have agents?
- 5 Who is the highest paid surfer?
- 6 How do you ask for sponsorship?
- 7 Where can I find a sponsor?
- 8 How can I get sponsored by Coca Cola?
- 9 Is it hard to be a pro surfer?
- 10 How do I get sponsored by Quicksilver?
- 11 Who does Rip Curl sponsor?
- 12 What age do pro surfers start?
- 13 Can you start surfing at 18?
- 14 How many years does it take to become a pro surfer?
How much do sponsors pay surfers?
Brand sponsorships and winnings can earn pro surfers at least a million dollars or more each year. It is estimated that surfers on world tours make between $250,000 to $400,000 a year.
How can I get sponsorship easily?
Have a great sponsor proposal.
- Start with a story. It could be your story, or the story of someone whose life you changed.
- Describe what you do. This is your mission statement.
- Describe your demographics.
- Create an advisory board.
- Ask for the money.
- Promise deliverables.
- Don’t sell yourself short.
How do you get sponsored by Billabong?
HOW CAN I GET SPONSORED? If you want to get sponsored, get out there and rip. Win contests, get photos in the mags, get yourself in videos. If you’re killing it, our crack team of talent scouts will find you.
Do pro surfers have agents?
In many ways, the fact that surfers have agents is not surprising— they are professional athletes, after all—but the agents provide a window into a bigger story about how the surf industry grew so rapidly as to outpace itself: Many companies are still loathe to work with surfers who have agents.
Who is the highest paid surfer?
Who is the Highest Paid Surfer? Gabriel Medina is the highest-paid surfer in the world based off of surf sponsorships, earning over $2.2 million dollars per year from major sponsors like Rip Curl, Corona, Audi, Ralph Lauren and more.
How do you ask for sponsorship?
To obtain a corporate sponsorship, make sure you do the following:
- Choose companies with values more aligned to yours.
- Give something back to them.
- Have a strong, clear, engaging proposal.
- Don’t wait until right before your event to ask for a sponsorship.
- If you know how much money you need, ask for it outright.
Where can I find a sponsor?
A good way to find a sponsor is to attend S.L.A.A. face-to-face meetings, conferences and workshops in your area, if there are any. You may also attend meetings, conferences and workshops outside your area.
How can I get sponsored by Coca Cola?
According to the guidelines set forth by Coca-Cola Company, securing a sponsorship from the company can be achieved if your organization, event or cause fit into their commitment to social responsibility or their promotional and marketing strategies. Go to the official informational website for Coca-Cola.
Is it hard to be a pro surfer?
Becoming a sponsored surfer is a hard-fought battle. There are thousands of aspiring pro surfers that may very well perform better than you, so the road’s tough. Nevertheless, if you tick on some of our guidelines, the chances of getting companies behind your back will likely increase.
How do I get sponsored by Quicksilver?
HOW CAN I GET SPONSORED? If you want to get sponsored, get out there and rip. Win contests, get photos in the mags, get yourself in videos. If you’re killing it, our team of talent scouts will find you.
Who does Rip Curl sponsor?
T he World Surf League (WSL) has announced a three-year partnership with Rip Curl set to become the title sponsor of the new one-day competition, Rip Curl WSL Finals.
What age do pro surfers start?
On average, a surfer starts his or her professional career at between 14 and 18 years of age and hangs the leash around 35. Nevertheless, we’ve athletes reaching their peak of performance around 35 or 40.
Can you start surfing at 18?
Anyway there are more surfers now who have put in more hours of surfing before they are 18 than lots of surfers do for their entire life so by that time they are already skilled enough to be competitive and maybe have been competing all that time too. It’s just natural for them to go on to pro surfing.
How many years does it take to become a pro surfer?
If you can spare the time to surf three to four times weekly, you should find you’ve developed good skills in about two years. What that means is that you’ll probably become a good judge of surf and tides, will be able to catch all the waves you aim for, and won’t have any problems paddling a long way out.