Can you surf in Costa Rica for the first time?
- The northern region is probably one of your best bets when visiting Costa Rica for the first time. There are waves to excite and entertain any level of surfer. You’ll find multiple world class beach breaks offering rights and lefts, rocky reef point breaks, and plenty of random breaks that you’ll learn about once you’re there.
- 1 How far in advance should I book a flight to Costa Rica?
- 2 What is the best time of year to surf in Costa Rica?
- 3 How much does it cost to go surfing in Costa Rica?
- 4 Where do you fly into for surfing in Costa Rica?
- 5 What day of the week is cheapest to fly to Costa Rica?
- 6 What is the cheapest time to go to Costa Rica?
- 7 When should you not go to Costa Rica?
- 8 What to do if you encounter a shark while surfing?
- 9 What is the best surfing beach in Costa Rica?
- 10 Is it illegal to surf in Costa Rica?
- 11 Does Costa Rica have good surfing?
- 12 Is surfing common in Costa Rica?
- 13 Are there sharks in Costa Rica?
- 14 Is San Jose or Liberia better?
- 15 Can you surf year round in Costa Rica?
How far in advance should I book a flight to Costa Rica?
Studies show that the cheapest time to book is 49 days before your departure, or 81 days ahead of time for international flights. Interestingly, flights booked 200 days or more in advance are more expensive, and last minute flights may be cheaper, but the seat availability is extremely limited.
What is the best time of year to surf in Costa Rica?
The best time to surf in Costa Rica is the wet season that runs between May and November. That’s nothing to do with the rains, but rather to do with the oncoming SW swells. In fact, they’re the reason the whole Pacific coast here gets reliable sets of 4-foot+ and glassy conditions. Check it out…
How much does it cost to go surfing in Costa Rica?
Surf Charters in Costa Rica Cost: Prices vary big time, but you can find boats starting at around $100 per person. Here’s some example pricing for trips to Witch’s Rock and Ollie’s point: $500 (for 4 people) + $15 p/p for Santa Rosa National Park entrance fee for a day trip with Boo’s Adventures.
Where do you fly into for surfing in Costa Rica?
More useful travel advice for your surf trip to Costa Rica There are two international airports: Juan Santamaria Airport (SJO) in capital San José and Liberia International Airport (LIR) in the Guanacaste region. Tamarindo is only an hour’s drive from the airport in Liberia and Jacó is a 1.5-hour drive from San José.
What day of the week is cheapest to fly to Costa Rica?
The single most important criteria for saving money on flights to Costa Rica is schedule flexibility. The most expensive flights are on weekends near holidays. A Tuesday flight ten days before Christmas might be 75% cheaper than a Sunday flight four days before the holiday.
What is the cheapest time to go to Costa Rica?
High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica is September.
When should you not go to Costa Rica?
But if you have just a week or two to get away, there are certain times of year you’ll want to avoid. The rainiest months in general are September and October. During this time, you could have several days in a row with prolonged periods of rain, which can make it difficult to get out and explore.
What to do if you encounter a shark while surfing?
If you do see a shark when you’re surfing, please exit the water immediately. You don’t need to thrash around and panic, but if you do see a dorsal or you hear somebody say that they saw a shark, you should leave the area. And I would recommend that you leave that area for a minimum of two days.
What is the best surfing beach in Costa Rica?
7 Best Surfing Spots in Costa Rica
- Tamarindo Beach | Guanacaste.
- Jaco Beach | Central Pacific Coast.
- Hermosa Beach | Central Pacific Coast.
- Dominical Beach | South Pacific Coast.
- Cabo Matapalo & Playa Pavones | Osa Peninsula.
- Salsa Brava & Playa Cocles | Puerto Viejo, Caribbean Coast.
- Take Costa Rica Surf Lessons.
Is it illegal to surf in Costa Rica?
Today in Costa Rica. Surfing is not allowed.
Does Costa Rica have good surfing?
With over 300 gorgeous sandy beaches, year-round warm water, steady winds, and consistent swells, Costa Rica is a surfing mecca and one of the best places in the world to learn to surf. In Spanish, Costa Rica means “rich coast”.
Is surfing common in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is by far the most popular Central American surfing holiday destination, attracting an international crowd to frolic in the warm waves that wash up on both the Pacific and Caribbean coasts.
Are there sharks in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is home to a range of shark species and a ton of other marine life. During this trip you will have the opportunity to visit the Bat Islands and dive with Bull Sharks and mantas as well as possibly whale sharks. Local diving this time of year also features humpback whale season!
Is San Jose or Liberia better?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
Can you surf year round in Costa Rica?
Let’s just start by saying: anytime is a good time to surf in Costa Rica. There are beautiful days all year long–even in the wet season, there will be periods of absolute perfection. So enjoy the rainbows and surf in the rain if you have to. The water is around 80-82 degrees Fahrenheit year-round, so it’s all good.