1) Start Small
- Go local and speak to surf shops about repping their brand.
- Tell companies why they should invest money into you, what can you do for them?
- Ask for small things first (stickers, t-shirts, Hat) then promote and build up from there.
- Lower your expectations and be realistic.
How can I find a sponsor for a beginner surfer?
- If you’re looking for a sponsor, the best thing you can do is to start with your local surf shop. Keep it local. Surf a ton. Get on your high school surf team. Enter all the local contests you can. When you’re not in school and you’re not in the lineup, spend time at the shop and do what you can to support them as a team rider.
- 1 How much do sponsors pay surfers?
- 2 How do you become a professional surfer?
- 3 What age do pro surfers start?
- 4 How do you get sponsored by Billabong?
- 5 How do I become a surfer?
- 6 Do pro surfers have agents?
- 7 Is 19 too old to start surfing?
- 8 How do I get sponsored by Quicksilver?
- 9 Can I start surfing at 18?
- 10 Is 14 a good age to start surfing?
- 11 How long does it take to get decent at surfing?
- 12 Can I learn to surf at 22?
- 13 Is it hard to be a professional surfer?
- 14 What are the odds of becoming a pro surfer?
- 15 Who does Rip Curl sponsor?
How much do sponsors pay surfers?
Brand sponsorships and winnings can earn pro surfers at least a million dollars or more each year. It is estimated that surfers on world tours make between $250,000 to $400,000 a year.
How do you become a professional surfer?
How to Become a Professional Surfer
- Find a sponsor. If you have been surfing for a long time, it is likely that the cost you have paid to surf has been quite high.
- Get a part-time job.
- Have hobbies besides surfing.
- Be ready for hardships.
What age do pro surfers start?
On average, a surfer starts his or her professional career at between 14 and 18 years of age and hangs the leash around 35. Nevertheless, we’ve athletes reaching their peak of performance around 35 or 40.
How do you get sponsored by Billabong?
HOW CAN I GET SPONSORED? If you want to get sponsored, get out there and rip. Win contests, get photos in the mags, get yourself in videos. If you’re killing it, our crack team of talent scouts will find you.
How do I become a surfer?
If you follow these tips, you’ll be on your way to becoming a great surfer.
- Don’t Learn by Yourself.
- Pick a Good Teacher.
- Use a Big Surfboard.
- Get Yourself a Soft-Top.
- Surf a Beginners Wave.
- Spend Some Time on Dry Land First.
- Pace Yourself.
- Don’t Get Tangled with the Big Dogs.
Do pro surfers have agents?
In many ways, the fact that surfers have agents is not surprising— they are professional athletes, after all—but the agents provide a window into a bigger story about how the surf industry grew so rapidly as to outpace itself: Many companies are still loathe to work with surfers who have agents.
Is 19 too old to start surfing?
There’s an age limit to surfing You’re not too old to start surfing. Seriously, no one is going to ask for an ID when you enter the lineup and you don’t have to be this tall to ride a wave. There’s no age limit to surfing and it doesn’t matter if you begin as a 19, 25 or 35-year-old.
How do I get sponsored by Quicksilver?
HOW CAN I GET SPONSORED? If you want to get sponsored, get out there and rip. Win contests, get photos in the mags, get yourself in videos. If you’re killing it, our team of talent scouts will find you.
Can I start surfing at 18?
Just like there is no age limit for surfing, there is no age limit for learning how to surf. It’s never too late to start! With realistic expectations, surfing can provide you physical and mental rewards that will keep you coming back for more. Below are four key tips for those learning to surf at 30 and beyond.
Is 14 a good age to start surfing?
You can start surfing as early as 5 years old, but it is often best to start at around the age between 7-9. However, just because you didn’t start at that age, does not mean you can’t surf! There are certain surfing camps that have taught children as young as five years old.
How long does it take to get decent at surfing?
When you start surfing you typically use longer, wider boards, because these are easier and help you develop confidence and skill. If you can spare the time to surf three to four times weekly, you should find you’ve developed good skills in about two years.
Can I learn to surf at 22?
Yeah, you can Definitely surf pretty well starting at 22. Just take in consideration that surf is not an easy sport to master and you need lots of patience and persistence until you begin to truly guide the board through a wave. In the beginning everything will be fine.
Is it hard to be a professional surfer?
Red Bull’s Airborne series will also blow your mind. The 2019 competition started with the Quicksilver Pro in Australia. After the Gold Coast, they took on swells in Bali and southern France. These surfers don’t just ride the waves, they do so like freaking acrobatics.
What are the odds of becoming a pro surfer?
Only 0.0000014 Percent Of Surfers Will Qualify For The Tour.
Who does Rip Curl sponsor?
T he World Surf League (WSL) has announced a three-year partnership with Rip Curl set to become the title sponsor of the new one-day competition, Rip Curl WSL Finals.